[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Multiple accounts problems

Multiple accounts problems

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Multiple accounts problems

Postby kcackler » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:26 am

I was literally opening up my browser today to buy the full version of Barca when I received an email. I looked, and it was a business email, but it had been delivered to my personal box. On closer inspection, it was obvious what had happened:

Client had sent an email to my business account. I replied to that email and pocomail used my default address as the sending address instead of my business address. Client replied and was of course sent to my personal inbox since that's the address that was used to send the original email.

Here's the thing - This was working perfectly fine, as I exchanged 15 emails with this same client and when he hit reply, they were always sent to my business inbox and sent showed up in my business sent mail folder. Investigating this rogue message, the reply that I had sent him showed up in my personal sent box instead of my business.

I changed my default address and hit reply, and sure enough, replies to personal emails had my business email.

Like I said earlier - This was working perfect last night. I don't think I've changed any settings to break this function, but who knows...

Any advice?

Kevin
kcackler
Drop-in Visitor

Postby kcackler » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:39 am

OK - It actually looks like I solved my own problem......

If I reply to an email that was *IMPORTED* into pocomail/barca, it uses my default reply address.

If a client were to send me an email right now, it would use the correct reply address....

So everything is still perfect here!
kcackler
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:25 am

You could eventually use an Event OnReply, so it would use that business email address (change account) or using a template.
It can be defined to be used on a folder and its sub folders.
Depending on your needs. 8)

Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To