[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Correctly forward or bounce phishing emails

Correctly forward or bounce phishing emails

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Correctly forward or bounce phishing emails

Postby shreksbro » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:29 am

Hi,

I am trying to forward phishing emails to the relevant spoof@ department.

I have noticed though that whatever I do, Pocomail seems to strip all the formatting off the email, leaving it as a horrible mash of HTML code and from what I can tell, destroying the hyperlinks etc.

I have tried formatting as styled and plain, and I have tried forwarding and bouncing (to myself) to see what the result is. For some reason I don't receive any of the messages I bounce to myself, and no matter what I do the forwarded messages are always a mess and are presumably useless without intact URLs anyway.

Am I doing something wrong or is Poco simply not able to send out the message the same way it appears to me?
shreksbro
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Correctly forward or bounce phishing emails

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:40 am

shreksbro wrote:Am I doing something wrong or is Poco simply not able to send out the message the same way it appears to me?
Best to forward those messages as an attachment.
Formatting will be lost when forwarding the message normally. :?
Eric

Postby shreksbro » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:21 pm

OK, thanks Eric, I'll give that a go.
shreksbro
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:35 am

You're welcome shreksbro. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To