[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Blank e-mails ! [Mod: Resolved]

Blank e-mails ! [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Blank e-mails ! [Mod: Resolved]

Postby TheMajor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:22 am

Recently all of my sent mails (but only the mails sent by 1 account, which end up in a specific sub-folder I made) are all blank, don't show a date, don't show recipient and are all 1 KB in size.

The bad thing is that this is happening to mails I send for my work (the important ones).

Older mails in that same "sent" subfolder are fine.

I already figured out that if I change the subfolder in which the mails sent from that account are stored to a different subfolder (eg. the (C)Others folder) it will work fine.

Is there any way to fix the sent items subfolder so mails I send from now on will be saved properly?

I already have a temporary solution to the problem, I just make a new subfolder to store the mails, or change the folder in which they are stored, but I would still like to know if this is a bug or something.

SCREENSHOT: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7549/pocomailtx0.png

As you can see, mails with attachments are also 1KB and don't contain anything.
TheMajor
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Blank e-mails !

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:41 am

TheMajor wrote:Recently all of my sent mails (but only the mails sent by 1 account, which end up in a specific sub-folder I made) are all blank, don't show a date, don't show recipient and are all 1 KB in size.

The bad thing is that this is happening to mails I send for my work (the important ones).

I already figured out that if I change the subfolder in which the mails sent from that account are stored to a different subfolder (eg. the (C)Others folder) it will work fine.

Is there any way to fix the sent items subfolder so mails I send from now on will be saved properly?

I already have a temporary solution to the problem, I just make a new subfolder to store the mails, or change the folder in which they are stored, but I would still like to know if this is a bug or something.

Please try to compress your folders.
Jim

Re: Blank e-mails !

Postby TheMajor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:02 am

Jim wrote:
TheMajor wrote:Recently all of my sent mails (but only the mails sent by 1 account, which end up in a specific sub-folder I made) are all blank, don't show a date, don't show recipient and are all 1 KB in size.

Please try to compress your folders.

I compressed the folder and restarted PocoMail. All it did was remove the blank mails from that mailbox. New mails I send are still blank. (they get sent properly, but the get saved as a blank email without date or recipient).
TheMajor
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:13 am

Try to go find the file that represents the folder that has the blank emails, ie for Sent folder, the file would be sent.mbx, etc.

Viewed in the plain text editor, does it contain something or is it blank as well?

(Well it would be best to see all of them, ie. files .mbx, .dat and .idb for that folder, but that's hard to do over forum :( ).

Also, don't you have any post-send filters? Press F4 and navigate to the Post Send tab. Improbable but just to make sure.

Is the outgoing folder in account setup (F3, Edit button, Folders tab) correctly setup? Again, improbable reason but just to make sure.

Anyway, I just reread the first post once again, and I think it might have something to do with the name of the folder?? Does it contain any special characters??

And did you try completely deleting that folder, and recreating it?
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby TheMajor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:09 am

Tomas wrote:Try to go find the file that represents the folder that has the blank emails, ie for Sent folder, the file would be sent.mbx, etc.

Viewed in the plain text editor, does it contain something or is it blank as well?

(Well it would be best to see all of them, ie. files .mbx, .dat and .idb for that folder, but that's hard to do over forum :( ).

Also, don't you have any post-send filters? Press F4 and navigate to the Post Send tab. Improbable but just to make sure.

Is the outgoing folder in account setup (F3, Edit button, Folders tab) correctly setup? Again, improbable reason but just to make sure.

Anyway, I just reread the first post once again, and I think it might have something to do with the name of the folder?? Does it contain any special characters??

And did you try completely deleting that folder, and recreating it?

I moved all messages to a different folder, deleted the old folder, created a new one with the same name and now everything works. Thanks!
TheMajor
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To