[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Max Line Length Exceeded

Max Line Length Exceeded

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Max Line Length Exceeded

Postby bchirgwin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:07 am

I keep receiving emails that Pocomail chokes on with "Max Line Length Exceeded". I can't download any mail until I delete the offending email via web connect or some other method. Once deleted, I can download the other messages.

These are always SPAM messages.
I think they always contain an attachment.

Is there a known fix to this problem?

I am using 4.1.0.3650
bchirgwin
Poco Tourist

Postby Redmak » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:37 am

This has always been a problem.

It happens a lot more nowadays. Time for a solution I guess
Redmak
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:09 am

Redmak wrote:This has always been a problem.

It happens a lot more nowadays. Time for a solution I guess
I've never seen that problem, so maybe there's a common factor. :?

Same ISP, antivirus, same configuration and others.
If you and bchirgwin could post some info about it, it could help to solve the problem you're having.

So if we do find that common factor, it also could help Slaven to fix it. :)
Eric

Postby bchirgwin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:20 am

I am pretty sure it is an improperly formated email of some sort.

My web email program can read it (yes actually opened the offending message in the not just the header), but poco gets this error when it tries.

I'll do some tests the next time it happens.

If I can narrow down the cause, I'll post the details.

I thought someone might have a solution as this issue has been around for a while.
bchirgwin
Poco Tourist

Postby Redmak » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:29 pm

I'll save the email in question as soon as I get one. It's always spam and, as bchirgwin already stated, most likely wrongly formatted.

If you search the forums you'll see others have had the same problem. It wasn't really an issue before because it happened every now and again but now it happens more and more.
Redmak
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:57 pm

Redmak wrote:I'll save the email in question as soon as I get one. It's always spam and, as bchirgwin already stated, most likely wrongly formatted.
:!: If you can save the message before it gets downloaded, it would even be better.
You can send the message as an attachment to Support for investigation.
Please include reference to this topic.
If you search the forums you'll see others have had the same problem. It wasn't really an issue before because it happened every now and again but now it happens more and more.
Sure, there have been others with the same problem, but I meant I never saw it on my system, but I do receive a lot of spam too.

Same for providing some messages to Support, otherwise they won't be able to reproduce what you're getting.

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To