[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - An idea for stopping sex junk mail that gets thru filters

An idea for stopping sex junk mail that gets thru filters

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

An idea for stopping sex junk mail that gets thru filters

Postby Patrick Sutton » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:35 am

Is it possible to send an auto- response to a junk email that makes it appear that my email address is invalid? A lot of the junk mail I get has misspelled words like p*nis en&largement etc and seem to come from various email id's and addressess, so I am having a tough time filtering them. I know from a past experience that if an email address doesn't work for even 2 weeks almost all of my junk email has stopped arriving at that address once it becomes active or valid again.

Thanks -

Patrick
Patrick Sutton
Poco Tourist

Re: An idea for stopping sex junk mail

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 am

Patrick Sutton wrote:Is it possible to send an auto- response to a junk email that makes it appear that my email address is invalid?
It's possible, but I don't think it would do any good.
Most return email addresses from those junk senders are spoofed, so instead you'll spam someone with your bounce. :?

Spam comes and goes, because one day you're submerged with it and the next you don't get any.

:!: See also auto bouncing?
andWhat is Wrong With Bouncing Spam.

FWIW Best to just delete those spam messages. :)
Eric

Postby Patrick Sutton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:46 am

Ah ha - I figured there had to be a reason it wasn't being done!

Thanks again, Eric - once again you have been a great help!

Patrick
Patrick Sutton
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi Patrick, I agree with Eric on this one; spammers never send out messages under their own name.
robin

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To