[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - License clarification

License clarification

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

License clarification

Postby flynt06 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:53 pm

Hi All,

I have read various things about the Barca 2 licence and am confused! I want to purchase Barca 2 but have read that only 2 installs are permitted. Is that a fact? Given that I'm going to get a new PC in a few weeks time that would mean I have 'used up' my allocation and will have nothing in reserve for if and when I have to do a reinstall or something.

If this restriction is real, what flexiibility exists or is it a case of "sorry, you'll just have to buy it again"

Flynt
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:09 am

Hi Flynt & welcome to Poco Forums,
flynt06 wrote:I have read various things about the Barca 2 licence and am confused! I want to purchase Barca 2 but have read that only 2 installs are permitted. Is that a fact? Given that I'm going to get a new PC in a few weeks time that would mean I have 'used up' my allocation and will have nothing in reserve for if and when I have to do a reinstall or something.
:!: According to the license agreement you may use Barca on two different PC's.

FWIW I've Barca installed at home and sometimes at work. :lol:

I've reinstalled/updated Poco/Barca many times on my PC and never had a problem with it.
Of course I'm not aware how the validation works, that's something not to be discussed by Poco Systems.
If this restriction is real, what flexiibility exists or is it a case of "sorry, you'll just have to buy it again"
I'm sure you won't have to buy it again.
If unsure, drop PSI a message that your installing your copy onto a new PC, prior to installing a 'third' copy.

Hope that helps a bit. :wink:
Eric

Postby The Blue Edge » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:57 am

Hi Eric,

I too, am looking at purchasing Barca 2, as I absolutly love it, even though only been using it for 3 days, but it kicks.... compared to OE or Outlook etc...

I run two computers, a Desktop at home and also a work Laptop. I too have read about Licencing Issues regarding the licence only allowing 2 installs.

Can someone please confirm EXACTLY on this issue?

In this post Eric stated that you can install on two PC's so my Desktop and Laptop will be ok? Will it?

Also, Would that rule out the two installs? I am a Web Designer, and unfortunatly, regulary get Virus, even though i run a heavy firewall and AntiVirus programs, but my Laptop, always seems to get Virus' and I end up re-formatting the Laptop on average every 3 to 6 months (My laptop comes with me on the road, and use many Internet Cafe's, Wireless Hotspots, and I seem to attract Virii).

So since I will use this on two PC's, does that Mean I will have to buy a new licence every time I re-format?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.
The Blue Edge
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:51 am

Hi Chris,
The Blue Edge wrote:I too, am looking at purchasing Barca 2, as I absolutly love it, even though only been using it for 3 days, but it kicks.... compared to OE or Outlook etc...
And you've only begun to scrape the surface of what it can do.
Have a look at the scripts, events and other features. 8)
In this post Eric stated that you can install on two PC's so my Desktop and Laptop will be ok? Will it?
Yes, you can install it on your Desktop and Laptop without any problem.
It's also mentioned in the EULA. :)
Also, Would that rule out the two installs? I am a Web Designer, and unfortunatly, regulary get Virus, even though i run a heavy firewall and AntiVirus programs, but my Laptop, always seems to get Virus' and I end up re-formatting the Laptop on average every 3 to 6 months (My laptop comes with me on the road, and use many Internet Cafe's, Wireless Hotspots, and I seem to attract Virii).
Never had a virus, but I do have a strong layered defense. :)
Maybe you need a HIPS to make your PC/Laptop more secure.

My setup: OutPost, Kaspersky AV, ewido anti-spyware, Spy Sweeper, SuperAntispyware, Ghost Security Suite.
IE & Fx with Spyware Blaster and my primary browser Opera.
Also use First Defense ISR and True Image.

Maybe you could also have a look at ShadowUser, which would undo all changes to your system on reboot.

Never had to reformat and in case an infection would occurr, I can simply delete the snapshot and recreate another one.
In all other events if nothing else works, True Image comes to the rescue.
Had to do it twice when some software gave me trouble and twice it worked like a charm. :P
So since I will use this on two PC's, does that Mean I will have to buy a new licence every time I re-format?
No, you can use Barca on the same PC and as long as there's no new version you're entitled to use that version on two PC's.
If you do get into trouble with the re-format, I would suggest to address it directly to PSI. If no response, PM Slaven.
Since I'm not aware how the registration works, I'm only guessing here. :?
It's also something not to be discussed here.

Anyhow I hope this helps to put your doubts aside. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To