[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Formatting and hyperlinks

Formatting and hyperlinks

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Formatting and hyperlinks

Postby jeffsue » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:08 am

Hello,

When I try to copy messages or text from a program such as MS Word or even another email message from Pocomail into a new email, the format and styling (such as italics, bold or underline) and hyperlinks are lost. Is there any way to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks,
Jeff
jeffsue
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Fomatting and hyperlinks

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:25 am

Hi Jeff & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jeffsue wrote:Is there any way to fix this annoying problem?
Tried it on my system and all formatting is preserved. :)
Of course I'm using the latest beta, so I'm not sure if the same applies to your version. :?

Did you select 'Styled' prior to pasting your text into a new message?

:!: Edit: Tried it in Barca 2.0 and still all formatting is preserved.
Eric

Fomatting and hyperlinks

Postby jeffsue » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 am

Yes i did select "styled" any ideas why i can not keep the hyperlinks and formatting of copied text.

Thanks
jeffsue
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Fomatting and hyperlinks

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:28 pm

jeffsue wrote:Yes i did select "styled" any ideas why i can not keep the hyperlinks and formatting of copied text.
Did you press 'Draft' afterwards?
You should be able to see all formatting and hyperlinks now. :)

Eric

Formatting issues

Postby jeffsue » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:33 am

Heelo,

Thanks for your reply... but I should have been more clear.

I have been having problems with formatting when I am copying a previously sent email to a new email or to MS Word. The formatting and hyperlinks get lost?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
jeffsue
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Formatting issues

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:21 am

jeffsue wrote:Heelo,
Thanks for your reply... but I should have been more clear.
You're welcome. :wink:
I have been having problems with formatting when I am copying a previously sent email to a new email or to MS Word. The formatting and hyperlinks get lost?
Yes, formatting or hyperlinks get lost when copying from the Preview Pane (or by opening the email) and pasting
into a new message or into MS Word. :?
Any other suggestions?
Yes, in fact I do. :)
Open your message, right-click and select 'Edit Message'.
Copy the text now and try again.
All formatting and hyperlinks should be preserved now. :P
Eric

hyperlinks & defualt font

Postby jeffsue » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm

Thanks that works now.

Just 2 more questions.

I would like to have the senders text quoted but use my default font (Times New Roman 12) when replying to emails.

Now, when I reply to an email the first line is set to the senders email font. If I start from the second line the font will be my default.

Under Quoting text I only have "Quote Text When Replying" checked. Any way to correct this?

And is there any way to have a hyperlink set to default? (eg. typing www.yahoo.com would already have the hyperlink built in. to take you tale Yahoo's site)

Thanks
jeffsue
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:47 pm

jeffsue wrote:Thanks that works now.
Good to know it's working now. :D
Just 2 more questions.
I would like to have the senders text quoted but use my default font (Times New Roman 12) when replying to emails.
Now, when I reply to an email the first line is set to the senders email font. If I start from the second line the font will be my default.
Under Quoting text I only have "Quote Text When Replying" checked. Any way to correct this?
Not at home, so I can't check it. :?

:idea: What if you don't use the "Quote Text When Replying", but instead use the AutoText or even the Quote Bar or a combination of both.

FYI: I never use that option to quote text when replying.

And is there any way to have a hyperlink set to default? (eg. typing www.yahoo.com would already have the hyperlink built in. to take you tale Yahoo's site)
Typing in www.yahoo.com will give you the hyperlink.
Save as Draft and you'll see it.
However if you've a word where you want to put the hyperlink on, highlight this word and press the hyperlink icon (= globe).

Hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To