[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Digital Signatures Where?

Digital Signatures Where?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Digital Signatures Where?

Postby kapaqs » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Where is the area to set the digital signature options for all out going email? havent found it.
Mike
kapaqs
Poco Tourist

Re: Digital Signatures Where?

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:48 am

kapaqs wrote:Where is the area to set the digital signature options for all out going email? havent found it.
Press F3 and edit your account and select the Outgoing tab.
:!: Also take a look under Options > Sending Mail > Message Format.
To create signatures go to Tools > Edit Signatures.

Or do you mean something else by digital signature?

Hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Digital Certificate (signature)

Postby kapaqs » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:02 am

Ye I may not have been Clear I wish to digitaly sign my email with my certificate. I do not see that option anywhere. Does anyone know?
Mike
kapaqs
Poco Tourist

Re: Digital Certificate (signature)

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:21 pm

kapaqs wrote:Ye I may not have been Clear I wish to digitaly sign my email with my certificate. I do not see that option anywhere. Does anyone know?
That's what I thought it was, although not sure.
Thanks for clarifying. :)
At present not yet possible from within Barca, although that doesn't mean it will be available in another version.
:idea: Maybe this script can help you with it.
Eric

Digital Certificate (signature)

Postby kapaqs » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:00 pm

WOW, That is very very hard to understand! In this day and age we should be encuraging the use of these security measures, and for a business software like this its almost unheard of? I would have thought it be right up there on the things too include? HMMM :?
Mike
kapaqs
Poco Tourist

Re: Digital Certificate (signature)

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 am

kapaqs wrote:WOW, That is very very hard to understand! In this day and age we should be encuraging the use of these security measures, and for a business software like this its almost unheard of?
Not so hard to understand, Poco/Barca aren't the only ones not having these digital certificates.
At my work we never used them either. :roll:
I would have thought it be right up there on the things too include? HMMM :?
Not yet, but PSI asked beta-testers for their input about it.
I'm sure PSI is already looking into it on how to implement it without compromising security. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To