[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Signature Question

Signature Question

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Signature Question

Postby Bare » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:51 am

When I reply to an email, Barca places my signature at the bottom of the message... Is there a way that it can place my signature, at the bottom of my reply text, rather than at the absolute bottom of the email message?

When I recieve an email from someone, I would like to have my signature placed right below the text that I typed, in my reply... and not at the absolute bottom of the message (which would be below what they originally typed)...

I hope this makes sense.. and thanks for the help...
..:: Bare ::..
Bare
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:13 am

Yup - makes perfect sense - been there and tried it...!

With automatic signature this is not possible, it will always place it at the end. However if you right-click where you want to insert the signature, one of the options is to 'Insert Signature |>', then you can choose the signature and where to insert it. At the moment this is the best solution.
robin

Postby Bare » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:24 am

Thanks Robin...

I appreciate the quick response... and the fact that my post made sense.. :D
Bare
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:09 am

Hi Bare, Robin,
Welcome to Poco Forum, Bare. :D
Bare wrote:When I reply to an email, Barca places my signature at the bottom of the message... Is there a way that it can place my signature, at the bottom of my reply text, rather than at the absolute bottom of the email message?
:) Yes, there is a way.
- Under Tools -> Options -> Sending Mail -> Default Body Format
When starting message enable signature.
- Also under Quoting text check to place the cursor above text.
- Under Account Outgoing check that the signature is set.

I hope this helps!
Eric

Postby Bare » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:26 am

Thanks Eric,

I'll give this a try, when I get home this evening...

Thanks for the info... I appreciate it.
Bare
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:00 am

Bare wrote:I'll give this a try, when I get home this evening...
Thanks for the info... I appreciate it.
You're welcome. :wink:
On my system it works, so it should work for you too.
:idea: Let us know if this worked for you, so others may know it too!
Eric

Postby Bare » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:26 am

Hi Eric,

After re-reading yoru post... I'm almost certain that my settings are already the same as you have mentioned.

When replying my cursor does go to the top of the text, but my signature is always at the bottom.

Do you have the 'signature pane' enabled?

Edit: Bare, I deleted the other post because it was a duplicate. Regards, Eric
Bare
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:28 am

Bare wrote:Do you have the 'signature pane' enabled?
:idea: Don't enable the signature pane if you want it to work!
Eric

Postby Bare » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:04 am

I did have the signature pane enabled... I have now disabled the signature pane... and it works :D

Thanks much
Bare
Poco Tourist

Postby tribble » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:29 am

Is there an equivalent setting for Barca? I can't seem to find it...
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:32 pm

Start a new message window and turn off the signature pane by making sure the "Enable signature pane" option in the "View" menu is not checked.
Michael

Return to Barca Help and How-To