[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - html email affecting header display

html email affecting header display

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

html email affecting header display

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:38 am

Just got a html email, which was able to change font colors in headers of the preview pane. The color was changed for email addresses and text next to buttons in control strip on the right (using a default skin).

Not that I am complaining. I would rather like to know how to utilize that. For example, as was requested in another thread today, it would be perhaps possible to hack the headers display through this undocumented way. (For example, through controlstrip.html). Maybe I will be experimenting with it a bit, but would love to hear if others have some idea or perhaps even a solution....

(Using Pocomail 4 btw.)
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Slaven » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:30 am

There are several hooks for that functionality, I think you can override the CSS which is the easiest, style names are:

cell_headers
cell_bottomline
cell_HeaderTitle
font_HeaderTitle
font_HeaderContent
cs_button

You can define a CSS file in your skin, or you can directly pass it to the display parser by defining a header X-Poco-Display-CSS (which can be added through OnDisplay event) that has the full path to the CSS file you wish to apply. I hope I'm not being too short on info, it's been a busy day! :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:51 am

Thanks a lot Slaven. That opens a whole world of possibilities if my imagination isn't too wild. Once I have something usable, I'll make sure to publish/document it here, or through a skin.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Slaven » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:53 am

Thanks, let us know how it works out! :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby mrQQ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:17 pm

i'll try to work on this aswell. unfortunotely i'm not a registered user, so i can't try and access some sample skins with controlstrip.htm or anything :/
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor

Postby mrQQ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:28 pm

ok, i tried empty controlstrip.htm with:

Code: Select all
<style type="text/css">
cell_headers { background-color: #000; }
cell_bottomline { background-color: #000; }
cell_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
font_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
font_HeaderContent { background-color: #000; }
cs_button { background-color: #000; }
</style>

and

<style type="text/css">
.cell_headers { background-color: #000; }
.cell_bottomline { background-color: #000; }
.cell_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
.font_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
.font_HeaderContent { background-color: #000; }
.cs_button { background-color: #000; }
</style>

but neither seems to work :/
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:15 pm

The only way I couldn't make it was via the Skin default css.

What is the variable, couldn't find any example nor any skin using css, and CSSFileName digged up from pocomail.exe didn't work for me (unless I did something wrong)?
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby mrQQ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:39 pm

i tried to embed that style tag directly into controlstrip.htm :roll:
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:55 pm

Oh yeah, sorry, controlstrip didn't work for me either, neither of many variants, but it's no more needed. I meant to refer to the two options that Slaven gave, 1] via OnDisplay and Pocoscript 2] via skin. Though it works with OnDisplay, knowing how to make it work via skin would be also good as it would alow to ad more power to the skins in general.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby mrQQ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:38 am

i think the skin method was same as controlstrip.htm one..
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:46 am

Maybe you are right. That's what I originally thought, but once Slaven mentioned that "you can define a CSS file in your skin", I started to think it must be via the skin's ini file. Let's wait what Slaven will say...
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Irene » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:12 am

Tomas wrote:The only way I couldn't make it was via the Skin default css.

What is the variable, couldn't find any example nor any skin using css, and CSSFileName digged up from pocomail.exe didn't work for me (unless I did something wrong)?

By guesswork I've figured out how to do it with a skin.

In your skin directory create a file named "default.css" and in it put the following:

cell_headers { background-color: #000; }
cell_bottomline { background-color: #000; }
cell_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
font_HeaderTitle { background-color: #000; }
font_HeaderContent { background-color: #000; }
cs_button { background-color: #000; }

That will change the colour of the headers, but not the background of the control strip.

To change the background colour of the control strip, open ControlStrip.htm and probably the first line will be a <td> tag.

Edit the first, and any other, <td> tags to include a 'class', using whichever one of the styles in default.css that you want, e.g.:

<td width="20" class="cell_headers">

Works on my system, hope it does elsewhere.

Irene
Irene
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:20 am

So default.css is the answer. That variant didn't occur to me. Great! Thanks a lot, Irene !

Btw. the above only worked for me with the dot before the names, eg. .cell_headers instead of just cell_headers, but I guess it's just a typo.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Irene » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:40 am

Tomas wrote:So default.css is the answer. That variant didn't occur to me. Great! Thanks a lot, Irene !

Btw. the above only worked for me with the dot before the names, eg. .cell_headers instead of just cell_headers, but I guess it's just a typo.

Yes, there should be dots. I pasted from one of the two sets MrQQ posted, and mistakenly copied the one without dots (but my own css file has dots).

Also, below is what appears to be the original styles for the headers - extracted from barca.exe. Using only styles like the above there's no bold etc on words like "Subject:", and the below puts that sort of formatting in. Obviously below needs to be edited to add one's own choice of colours:

body { Margin-bottom: 4px; Margin-top: 4px; }
a { Text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { Text-decoration: Underline; }
.cell_headers { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px; Border-color: #808080; margin-bottom: 4px } 
.cell_HeaderTitle {  }   
.cell_parts { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 10px; Padding-left: 10px; Border-color: #808080; margin-top: 2px }
.cell_inlinetitle { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px; Padding-left: 20px; Padding-top: 15px; Border-color: #808080; margin-top: 2px }
.font_HeaderTitle { Font-Weight: bold; Text-align: right; }
.font_HeaderContent { Font-Weight: normal  }

I suspect now it's going to be possible to change lots of colours in Poco and Barca, once one figures out what a particular style name is. This is something I've wanted to be able to do for quite a while because there's a few parts where I don't particularly like what the default colouring system does.

Irene
Irene
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:01 am

Good you mention that, I supposed it would just override the original values or add up to them.

Headers were what MrQQ was after, I am also mainly looking for the complete css manipulation. Unless Slaven will publish the complete data on css, I think we can digg it out of the executables, as most have user-friendly names so it shouldn't be extremely hard to find.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To