[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Change font size in New Message Header

Change font size in New Message Header

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Change font size in New Message Header

Postby pacernc » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:55 am

Howdy to all. This is my first post. I have been using Poco Mail for 4 years and love it. But, as time has gone by my eyes are having a hard time with the new message header font size. Is there a way to increase it? I have searched and searched and have not found how. I have used many different skins and have changed the windows font size to extra large, but nothing changes the header font. Help would be deeply appreciated.
pacernc
New Arrival

Re: Change font size in New Message Header

Postby Eric » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:37 am

Hi pacernc & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pacernc wrote:I have used many different skins and have changed the windows font size to extra large, but nothing changes the header font. Help would be deeply appreciated.
If you right click on the bar above the preview pane you can select to 'Show Font Sizer'.
Click now on the big A to change the font size. :)

I hope it's this option you were not seeing in the bar above the preview pane. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pete » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:58 am

And if you're not talking about the font size in the Preview Pane, pacernc, are you talking about the font size in the list of messages above it? Or about the default font size when composing new messages?
Pete

Postby pacernc » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:17 am

What I am referring to, is when you create a new message and the the From, To, Subject, CC and BCC all have small fonts. How do I increase the font size in these fields? I
pacernc
New Arrival

Postby Pete » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:51 am

Hi pacernc, sorry for the delay. I don't know of any way to change those fonts. They seem to be hard-coded in PocoMail as are the fonts in the Status Bars and in the Subject text right above the preview pane.

As I use a 1600 x 1200 display, I would also like to see more computer programs (including PocoMail) not hard-code font sizes and families. It seems to be a losing battle at this point in time, but perhaps more software companies will begin making things like this more flexible after flat-panel displays become bigger and cheaper and more people are using 21" or bigger monitors at higher resolutions who expect hard-coded font sizes to finally go away.

In the case of PocoMail, perhaps one day it will use the font information that we've defined in other areas of PocoMail or perhaps get this information from the user's display settings in Windows Control Panel or perhaps it could base the font size on the current screen resolution and/or the current width of the PocoMail windows.
Pete

Postby pacernc » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:08 am

Thanks for the reply. I had a idea that the fonts were unchangable. This is the only complaint that I have with the program. Thanks again.
pacernc
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To