[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - enabling "away on vacation" message

enabling "away on vacation" message

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

enabling "away on vacation" message

Postby merlincorp » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:33 am

I have read the current manual thoroughly and searched this forum for clues as to how to set up a standard "I'm away on vacation until xx/xx/xx" type of message. There's nothing in Filtering Mail or Managing Mail, but I can't believe such a wonderful program can't cope with this - and hopefully without needing a Masters degree in computing either!

Anybody point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian Jones - Warrington, England
"Since light travels faster than sound - many people seem bright until they speak!"
merlincorp
Drop-in Visitor

Re: enabling "away on vacation" message

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:17 am

Hi Adrian,
merlincorp wrote:Anybody point me in the right direction please?
First you'll have to create an external textfile, called vacation.txt and put it in the main Pocomail directory. IIRC

Make sure that in Tools > Options > Sending Mail Send Queued Messages When Checking Mail is checked.

Instead of the vacation message script, you could use this script no_spam_vacation_messages.poc.
It avoids sending replies to spammers and others. :)

Afterwards add the script to your filters and try it out.
hopefully without needing a Masters degree in computing either!
I don't think you'll need it. I don't have a Master degree, but I know a little about computers, software. :P

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:45 am

Another method is creating a template and creating an incoming filter to
reply with a template on incoming messages from known senders. (= present in your address book(s)). :)
Put it at the top of your filters.

Make sure that in Tools > Options > Sending Mail Send Queued Messages When Checking Mail is checked.

On the the next mailcheck all messages in your OutBox will be send.

Activate the filter when you want it to start. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To