[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket error #0

Socket error #0

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket error #0

Postby knobby » Wed May 04, 2005 11:25 pm

Just installed Pocomail and set it up to access the internet via a proxy server. But each time I try to get mail I get a "Socket Error #0". The proxy settings are exactly the same as those setup to access the internet. Any Ideas what this error means?

Thanks
knobby
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Socket error #0

Postby Eric » Thu May 05, 2005 12:34 am

Hi knobby & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
knobby wrote:Any Ideas what this error means?
Never heard of it, but a search on Google gave me this:

If you receive this error message, you are trying to place a call from a country that does not allow you to use PC to Phone. Certain countries may block access to this service at their discretion. If your IP address is being blocked, there is nothing we can do at this time.

I don't have a solution at present, but maybe someone else knows more. :?
Eric

Postby robin » Thu May 05, 2005 8:34 am

Why are you using a proxy server (or entering the settings for a proxy server) ?

:?: or have I totally misunderstood you :?
robin

Postby knobby » Thu May 05, 2005 9:33 am

Via a proxy server is the only way I can get access to the internet from work.
knobby
Drop-in Visitor

Postby matchstickman » Mon May 16, 2005 10:53 pm

Just by coincidence I had a spate of 'socket error #0' this morning. On investigation this error was generated from my email server which had closed all open ports due to a security issue.

In my particular case there is no proxy server involved.

Answer was reset the server, or complain to whoever is managing it for you at the isp.

Hope this is helpful...

Cheers

matchstickman

:idea:
matchstickman
Poco Tourist

Postby RFSharpe » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:06 am

I have also seen this error...

I had installed a new version of ZoneAlarm. When the prompt "Allow CCApp.exe access to the Internet" was displayed by ZoneAlarm, the user answered "Deny". This prevented the program CCApp.exe, which is part of eMail protection for Norton AntiVirus, from accessing the resources it needed to function correctly. If CCApp.exe is not allowed to access these computer resources, Norton's Auto-protect and E-mail check will not function. This prevented PocoMail 3.4 (or any email program for that matter) from accessing POP3/MAPI email. In this case, I needed to ascertain that ZoneAlarm Pro was allowing CCApp.exe to access needed system resources.

I hope this helps anyone else that may be having a similiar problem.

RFSharpe

knobby wrote:Just installed Pocomail and set it up to access the internet via a proxy server. But each time I try to get mail I get a "Socket Error #0". The proxy settings are exactly the same as those setup to access the internet. Any Ideas what this error means? Thanks
RFSharpe
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:20 am

RFSharpe wrote:I hope this helps anyone else that may be having a similiar problem.
Thanks for your input RFSharpe & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To