[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Closed Gracefully?????

Closed Gracefully?????

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Closed Gracefully?????

Postby Ronald Gordon » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Mail with Poco has worked fine until last Friday. Now I cannot download or view mail on my server. Log says "Connection Closed Gracefully." What does that really mean? Did my isp upgrade their server and not tell me? I'm going to call them later today.

Thanks,
Ron
Ronald Gordon
New Arrival

Re: Closed Gracefully?????

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:39 pm

Hi Ron,
Ronald Gordon wrote:Log says "Connection Closed Gracefully." What does that really mean?
Info: Connection closed gracefully! ". This meas the receiving server has been closed. For example, if you send your mail to yahoo, the server at yahoo has been closed. You should wait for a period of time and the email can be sent later.

Did my isp upgrade their server and not tell me? I'm going to call them later today.
You could be right about that. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:18 am

It is happening with download messages. In my case, I am seeing it often as one of my email providers's pop3 server is not working correctly with Poco, plus I am on an unreliable gprs internet connection. However i am still able to download email, only it takes a little bit of patience and time.

I tend to think it means you connected to the email server of your isp correctly, but for some reasons, the connection was closed subsequently.

IMHO your call to your isp shall bring more light to the case.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To