[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Firefox and Default MAILTO command

Firefox and Default MAILTO command

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Firefox and Default MAILTO command

Postby dribnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 am

I need some help from someone familiar with PM and Firefox. I'm trying to set PM to be my default MAILTO option in Firefox, but not in IE 6.0. I am half way there, but can't seem to get the right syntax for the "about:config" file of Firefox. This is what I'm trying to use
But, when I click on a MAILTO link in Firefox, it does open up a "New Message" window, but it puts the complete link in the attachments field instead of filling in the correct address and subject line.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanx.

network.protocol-handler.app.mailto
C:\PROGRA~1\POCOMA~1\Poco.exe /m "%1"
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 am

For me this one works, although I use mainly Opera.
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\BarcaPro2\BarcaPro.exe /m mailto:%t&subject=%s&body=%m
Don't know if that will do the trick for you. :roll:
Eric

Postby dribnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:36 am

Thanx....it kind of works. It doesn't work as the default mailto application, but it does work with the "launchy" extension in Firefox which gives me a menu selection in the context window.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:24 pm

dribnus wrote:Thanx....it kind of works. It doesn't work as the default mailto application, but it does work with the "launchy" extension in Firefox which gives me a menu selection in the context window.
You're welcome. :wink:
You're right that it doesn't work as a default mailto, but it does accomplish the same.

Maybe you could uncheck Fx to be your default and make IE default. Afterwards recheck Fx to be your default.
Sometimes it does get mixed up. :?
Eric

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 am

Well, after doing some digging and waiting for an extension update, I have found that the extension "MoZex" using the following command line, works great with Mozilla's Firefox browser.

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\PocoMail4\Poco.exe" /m mailto:%a&subject=%s&body=%b
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Good find dribnus. 8)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To