problem - pocomail - thumbdrive

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

problem - pocomail - thumbdrive

Postby endstand_ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:41 am

just having a little trouble, I do have pocomail 4 on thumbdrive, when hooking up to another computer.

It's saying it's been installed but none of my emails have actually transported over from home to work, I am just hoping when I do get home and put in the thumbdrive they're all there waiting for me.

If anyone has any thoughts they will be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.
endstand_
New Arrival

Postby endstand_ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 am

ok I think I've worked it out, I should have been using the PE version on the thumbdrive, I have saved the other version on my thumdrive as mentioned above hopefully this is fine and all emails are still saved at home.

will someone confirm this, thankyou for your time.
endstand_
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi endstand_ & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
endstand_ wrote:will someone confirm this
PocoMail PE should be installed on your thumbdrive, not PocoMail.

To perform a sync however you'll need MyInfoTogo, since PE won't sync with PocoMail 4, only PocoMail 3 will do that.

If however you leave your mail on server within PE, you'll be able to download those messages into Poco 4. :)

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby endstand_ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello,

Thankyou for the reply and yes you answered everything I wanted to know, I was wondering why the sync wasn't working with pocomail 4.

Might be better to leave them on the server for 10 days rather then mess around with the syncing.

Glad to be working now, probably one of the best things I have used in a long time and I wish I would have known about this project earlier.

I'm going to give you guys a hand in the development of this also, already have some ideas, will look later around the forums.

thanks for your help.
endstand_
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:12 pm

endstand_ wrote:Thankyou for the reply and yes you answered everything I wanted to know
You're welcome and glad to know it helped you further. :)
I was wondering why the sync wasn't working with pocomail 4.
Poco 3 uses IDX, but Poco 4 uses IDB index files, so that's why it won't work.
Might be better to leave them on the server for 10 days rather then mess around with the syncing.
If you can store those messages for 10 days, then that's the best solution.
If not, you won't be able to receive any message for as long as the server isn't emptied. :?
Glad to be working now, probably one of the best things I have used in a long time and I wish I would have known about this project earlier.
Glad to know you like it and there's more coming in the near future. 8)
I'm going to give you guys a hand in the development of this also, already have some ideas, will look later around the forums.
Please do post your ideas, I'm sure Poco Systems will have a look at it. Whether or not it will be implemented is up to them.
BTW I'm not from PSI, but only a volunteer.
thanks for your help.
My pleasure as always endstand_ ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To