[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Not Responding [Mod: Resolved - NVidia issue]

Not Responding [Mod: Resolved - NVidia issue]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Not Responding [Mod: Resolved - NVidia issue]

Postby Contrid » Thu May 11, 2006 8:35 am

I really love Pocomail and I would love to use it as my default email client...but I can't.

It keeps on crashing/freezing my system.

Can someone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Contrid
Contrid
New Arrival

Re: Not Responding

Postby Eric » Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 am

Hi Contrid & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Contrid wrote:I really love Pocomail and I would love to use it as my default email client...but I can't.

It keeps on crashing/freezing my system.
See if this topic can be of some assistance. :wink:
Eric

Postby Contrid » Thu May 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Thank You. :) (nice forum...lovely poco logo)

See...
I love this product so much that I would even redistribute it to everone I know, but I wasn't impressed. I can tell you honestly that I switched back to Thunderbird.

Good news!!!
As I was writing this post, I was reading the post about the nVidia nView issues. I have managed to fix this freezing error...thanks to the genius who figured that out. I would like to thank him from the bottom of my heart.

One more issue. Pocomail seems to download all the messages on the server, and then whenever it downloads new messages...it keeps on downloading ALL messages on the server. (including the downloaded ones.) Should I disable the "Leave On Server" feature???

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Best Regards,
Antonie Potgieter
Contrid
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu May 11, 2006 6:20 pm

You're welcome Antonie. :wink:
Good to know it's working now without the freeze.
Have a nice weekend. :)
Eric

Postby Eric » Thu May 11, 2006 6:29 pm

Contrid wrote:One more issue. Pocomail seems to download all the messages on the server, and then whenever it downloads new messages...it keeps on downloading ALL messages on the server. (including the downloaded ones.) Should I disable the "Leave On Server" feature???
Oops! Almost didn't see it.
:!: In Options > Advanced > Network settings are 'Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail' set to 1?
Eric

Postby robin » Thu May 11, 2006 7:56 pm

Contrid wrote:One more issue. Pocomail seems to download all the messages on the server, and then whenever it downloads new messages...it keeps on downloading ALL messages on the server. (including the downloaded ones.) Should I disable the "Leave On Server" feature???
If you only use PocoMail to collect your mail then yes, disable "Leave On Server".
robin

Postby Contrid » Thu May 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Eric wrote:Oops! Almost didn't see it.
:!: In Options > Advanced > Network settings are 'Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail' set to 1?

Well...
I have 3 email accounts, so I guess that 1 should be set to 3, right?

Thanks again for your assistance. :)
Contrid
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu May 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Contrid wrote:Well...
:!: No, set it to 1, so it checks only one account at the time.
Eric

Postby robin » Thu May 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Contrid wrote:
Eric wrote:Oops! Almost didn't see it.

Well...

Thanks again for your assistance. :)
This setting simply tells PM whether to check more than one e-mail account at the same time. I use "1" as well - I found that I was getting time-out problems with more than that. If you choose "1" then PM checks one account, then when that is finished goes on to the next and so on.

But this does not effect whether messages are downloaded again
robin

Contrid...

Postby Jose » Sun May 14, 2006 3:40 am

To disable that feature... press F3 and uncheck 'Leave on Server' quick link for all accounts.
Jose

nvidia freeze

Postby Yke » Fri May 26, 2006 12:20 am

Another happy user!

After several freezes, at selecting multiple addresses or editing filters, everything seems fine!
I have been using Poco for many years and, thanks to this clever guy, hope to be using it , mailing happily ever after.

Best regards

Yke
Yke
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To