[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Gmail and Pocomail using Stunnel

Gmail and Pocomail using Stunnel

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Gmail and Pocomail

Postby jurnie » Wed May 25, 2005 6:06 am

Hey all maybe you can help.

Finally got my Poco mail to get my Gmail. and have the stunnel but I cant send.

It goes through the motion of sending then it times out. IVE uped the the time out to 120 and even 200 seconds. Still times out what could it be..

I AM receiving the mail
jurnie
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Gmail and Pocomail

Postby Eric » Wed May 25, 2005 6:15 am

Hi jurnie & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jurnie wrote:Hey all maybe you can help.
Finally got my Poco mail to get my Gmail and have the stunnel but I cant send.
I've moved your post here, since it's not related to the thread in which you posted.

Someone will surely help you with the setup of Stunnel and maybe performing a search will give you the answers you're looking for.
Just enter 'stunnel' into the search.

FYI: The next major update will include SSL/TLS, so no need to use Stunnel. :)

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

I posted to

Postby jurnie » Wed May 25, 2005 7:21 am

I had posted to the same topic. They were talking about stunnel and gmail and smtp.
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Re: I posted to

Postby Eric » Wed May 25, 2005 7:41 am

jurnie wrote:I had posted to the same topic. They were talking about stunnel and gmail and smtp.
That's true, but Jim (Poco Systems) was asking for information about the ISP requirement to support for TLS (STARTTLS) over SMTP.

Your question is about the setup of Stunnel for sending messages, so that's not the same. :wink:
Eric

stunnel

Postby jurnie » Wed May 25, 2005 9:48 am

OK Ive already SET up the stunnel.

AM getting email but It times out without sending email
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby SFCurley » Wed May 25, 2005 3:05 pm

Keep in mind that you don't use Stunnel to fetch email from GMail, only to send, so the fact that you can receive but not send doesn't mean stunnel is half working.

I did try to send using Gmail tonight just to make sure it was still working and it worked (but the message kept re-opening after it did successfully send. not sure why).

In any case, since it appears not to be working at all for you, jurnie, my only suggestion would be to revisit the instructions in the following post and just re-check that everything is exactly as outlined.

http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1276
SFCurley

poco and gmail

Postby jurnie » Thu May 26, 2005 3:15 am

If yours is working for Gmail what do you have your settings atl Ive done everything they say. but it keeps timing out. and the window reopens. and it doesnt send.

whats your settings see if they the same
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby SFCurley » Thu May 26, 2005 5:51 am

The critical elements in the outgoing setup are as follows:

outgoing server: 127.0.0.1:259 <--- the 259 is related to your stunnel setup, by the way

authentication method: login
userid: "emailuserid@gmail.com"

Both Account Server Settings and Use Outgoing Server Authentication are checked.

Finally, make sure that the stunnel icon is running in your system tray. After you try to send an email, you should be able to see activity in the poco log and the stunnel log. You can see the stunnel log by right clicking on the icon and selecting "log".
SFCurley

setting

Postby jurnie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:53 pm

I rechecked everything. all is as you have it. but I ONLY see one place and thats on the incoming for the ssl

is it somewhere else for the outgoing or am I missing something

it goes through the motion but still times out
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby SFCurley » Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 am

but I ONLY see one place and thats on the incoming for the ssl is it somewhere else for the outgoing or am I missing something

Jurnie, not sure I understand what that means.
SFCurley

settings

Postby jurnie » Fri May 27, 2005 12:50 pm

YOu said both incoming and outgoing need the SSL. I Only see one place that has that and thats the incoming.

if you go into the edit your account view. on the INCOMING tab it has the SSL but when you goto the OUTGOING it doesnt have that how can you make the outgoing SSL if its not there.
jurnie
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To