[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Vista compatible version

Vista compatible version

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby fm4 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 am

Thanks. I'll make sure to "Run as Admin" next time.

Here's another goofy thing: earlier this week, my Inbox basically disappeared. The message index appeared, but the actual emails were missing! It appears that the In.mbx was corrupt; some emails had the unformatted contents of some other messages.

I went to C:\Program Files\PocoMail4\Mail and noticed that no IDX or MBX files had been updated since I imported my old mail. No idea whether it's a new version of Poco or Vista that's treating these files differently.

Is this something I can recover? Can I prevent it from happening again? I'll be sure to reinstall when the Vista version comes out, but until then, I'm sort of afraid to touch my email... I've got 8 years of stuff in there!
fm4
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:21 am

It shall be solved if you run as admin.

Also make sure that your Pocomail directory doesn't contain read-only files, the easiest way is to use this free utility: http://davidcrowell.com/Croa/Default.aspx
though it can be done from within Windows as well.

And as pointed in another thread recently, it's best to move your data to Documents or Users folder in your Windows installation, see
http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewto ... 9&start=15
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To