[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - html email affecting header display

html email affecting header display

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby ferent » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:16 am

In
.font_HeaderTitle { Font-Weight: bold; Text-align: right; }

change right by left :

Code: Select all
body { Margin-bottom: 4px; Margin-top: 4px; }
a { Text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { Text-decoration: Underline; }
.cell_headers { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px; Border-color: #808080; margin-bottom: 4px } 
.cell_HeaderTitle {  }   
.cell_parts { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 10px; Padding-left: 10px; Border-color: #808080; margin-top: 2px }
.cell_inlinetitle { Border-style: solid; Border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px; Padding-left: 20px; Padding-top: 15px; Border-color: #808080; margin-top: 2px }
.font_HeaderTitle { Font-Weight: bold; Text-align: left; }
.font_HeaderContent { Font-Weight: normal  }
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:29 am
Location: Spain

Postby mrQQ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:23 am

Well, my problem is that i dont have access to extra skins, and default ones don't have controlstrip.htm. And I don't feel like capturing the images and trying to reposition them same way in htm:(
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:03 am

Postby Slaven » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:13 am

Good investigative work! :)

Not all elements have been exposed to CSS, but I can look into specifics - just ask.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:37 pm

Postby Irene » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:47 pm

Slaven wrote:Not all elements have been exposed to CSS, but I can look into specifics - just ask.

I've now realised that most of the style names I'd noticed in barca.exe are actually associated with Today.htm, QuickGuide.htm, etc, so now I won't be surprised at all if it's not possible to change many other colours using CSS.

Anyway, the amazing discovery that the colour of the whole preview pane and open/read pane can be changed (by adding a colour to the 'body' style) eliminates my primary colour annoyance. That was that the colour of the preview pane is imo used for too many other parts of Barca. As a result, if one wants to have a pale colour (e.g. a pale blue or a pale green) for the preview pane, one ends up with a murky grey colour for the calendar screen, task screen, planner screen and year screen because Barca takes the preview pane colour and mixes it with grey for those screens - and the greyness gets worse the lighter the colour of the preview pane. (Probably obviously, I don't like grey).

However, now that I can override the Customise Colours setting for the preview pane with a very pale colour by using CSS (and the background of compose screen body can be set the same in Options, Message Format), it's become practical in Customise Colours to set the preview pane colour to a darker colour, so the other screens mentioned above have -much- less greyness. Major improvement imo.

If it is possible, Slaven, to change any of the background colours in the calendar, task, planner or year screens using CSS, I'd be interested to know as I probably would make some minor changes. However, it's no longer particularly important to me because the above solution's adequate. Thanks very much for the quick clues about how to do that.

Irene
Irene
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:01 am

Postby ferent » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:04 pm

Yes, I want to change today colors :P
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:29 am
Location: Spain

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:21 pm

ferent wrote:Yes, I want to change today colors :P

Try to make today.htm file, maybe you could make it look whatever you want, not just change colors. I know it worked with Quickguide.htm, maybe it will with Today, too. Can't test though as I don't use Barca.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:34 am

Postby ferent » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:56 pm

I will try, and later I make a post here. Thanks!!
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:29 am
Location: Spain

Postby Slaven » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:21 am

Yes, you can use a custom today.html to override the Today screen. Unfortunately, CSS override will not work on the Calendar and Planner.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:37 pm

Skin wishes

Postby ente » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:38 am

Irene wrote:
Slaven wrote:Not all elements have been exposed to CSS, but I can look into specifics - just ask.

I've now realised that most of the style names I'd noticed in barca.exe are actually associated with Today.htm, QuickGuide.htm, etc, so now I won't be surprised at all if it's not possible to change many other colours using CSS.

Anyway, the amazing discovery that the colour of the whole preview pane and open/read pane can be changed (by adding a colour to the 'body' style) eliminates my primary colour annoyance. That was that the colour of the preview pane is imo used for too many other parts of Barca. As a result, if one wants to have a pale colour (e.g. a pale blue or a pale green) for the preview pane, one ends up with a murky grey colour for the calendar screen, task screen, planner screen and year screen because Barca takes the preview pane colour and mixes it with grey for those screens - and the greyness gets worse the lighter the colour of the preview pane. (Probably obviously, I don't like grey).

However, now that I can override the Customise Colours setting for the preview pane with a very pale colour by using CSS (and the background of compose screen body can be set the same in Options, Message Format), it's become practical in Customise Colours to set the preview pane colour to a darker colour, so the other screens mentioned above have -much- less greyness. Major improvement imo.

If it is possible, Slaven, to change any of the background colours in the calendar, task, planner or year screens using CSS, I'd be interested to know as I probably would make some minor changes. However, it's no longer particularly important to me because the above solution's adequate. Thanks very much for the quick clues about how to do that.

Irene


Either Irene ore Tomas, ore somebody else, mentioned in this - very exiting - skin & color thread (which, unfortunately, is to high for me to follow) that all this will end up in a new skin - I'll be very interested in such one.
    Especially when it brings color to the header section in the preview and, my favorite
    when it adds an annotate button to the mail preview (which, IMHO, would be here much more usefull then "reply all")
Apart of that: I believe I read a couple of days ago, that there is somwhere a switch (ore something alike) which lets you place some devider between header and body. Unfortunately I went through big parts of the forums to find that tip again - in vaine. Can anybody tell how to do, resp. where this was written and if that is ment for the preview.
ente
Resident Poster
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:17 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Re: Skin wishes

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:58 am

ente wrote:Either Irene ore Tomas, ore somebody else, mentioned in this - very exiting - skin & color thread (which, unfortunately, is to high for me to follow) that all this will end up in a new skin - I'll be very interested in such one.

Hope it wasn't me :). I think it is a good news for skin authors because basically now there are a little bit more possibilities....
I just made the header fonts smaller and am happy. In other words, when deciding between bells and whistles and pure functionality, suddenly it appeared to me i need the second ;-).

Apart of that: I believe I read a couple of days ago, that there is somwhere a switch (ore something alike) which lets you place some devider between header and body. Unfortunately I went through big parts of the forums to find that tip again - in vaine. Can anybody tell how to do, resp. where this was written and if that is ment for the preview.

Tools->Options->Advanced->Message Options->Show divider line......

aka If it's hard to find, it's somewhere in the Advanced options :wink:
Tomas
Pillar of the Community
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:34 am

Postby mrQQ » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:35 pm

..or not there at all;p
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:03 am

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron