[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Palm Sync... who else is waiting?

Palm Sync... who else is waiting?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Palm Sync

Postby sBmoNSrb9VXQ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:19 am

I have considered going back to Outlook several times just to get sync back for my Palm phone. I've tried a lot of "export to Excel and then import into Palm" strategies and nothing really works for me. Tried export into the Palm Desktop, too.

Today I'm trying out Dataviz and I'll export my contacts as an Excel file and import into my Palm as a spreadsheet.

Nothing like being out somewhere and looking at a blank phone list on my $500 Palm.
Steve
sBmoNSrb9VXQ
Drop-in Visitor

Where are PSI?

Postby Orion » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:13 pm

This thread obviously refuses to "die" and I am also one who eagerly awaits a Palm sync coundit, in my case for good ole Palm OS. I have a by now very dusty Palm lying idle since I refuse to go back to Outlook.

What I, and I guess many others, would very much like to see would be a reply from someone at PSI in this thread outlining their plans and/or thinking. Eric tries but as he himself points out he is only guessing.

Orion :?:
Orion
Poco Tourist

Postby ronn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:37 pm

Just bought a new notebook and am in the process of reloading software. Was about to re-download Pocomail when I noticed the beta for Palm sync -- so I thought I would take another stab at Barca and see if it could sync to my Palm. Great anticipation!

Great disappointment. Installed everything, rebooted, did the sync. Palm Desktop received eveything, Barca received nothing. No contacts, no calendar items, no notes, no nuthin'.

But I like Barca and would buy it right away if it could just sync. So do I have to go back to Pocomail + Agendus or is there any hope of the sync actually syncing any time soon.

C'mon PocoSystems. Look at the number of times this message thread has been read. Multiple times more than any any other message in the forum I think. Doesn't that indicate enough interest in this problem to at least give your customers the courtesy of a reply?

How 'bout just choosing one of the following:

a) Yes, we're almost there, be patient.
b) We're working on it but still having problems.
c) Don't hold your breath, it's not gonna happen.
d) Wot's a "sync"?
ronn
New Arrival

Postby Orion » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:14 am

ronn wrote:

How 'bout just choosing one of the following:

a) Yes, we're almost there, be patient.
b) We're working on it but still having problems.
c) Don't hold your breath, it's not gonna happen.
d) Wot's a "sync"?

We are still waiting? Is it really that tough working at Poco so that you can't even say something about this issue that more than a few are repeatedly asking about? Is the beta reopened or will it never happen or what?

Orion :x
Orion
Poco Tourist

Postby RabbenuTom » Mon May 01, 2006 1:36 am

If I may add my voice to the choir, I too would like a response (even if it is very general) from the powers that be which could give an indication of current thinking about a Palm sync project (it has been afterall a year since there was any activity in the Beta forum on the product).
RabbenuTom
Poco Tourist

Postby fanofhank » Wed May 03, 2006 3:46 am

When I discovered Barca should be able to sync to Palm I was really enthusiastic about this --- calender and mail in one application without having to use Outlook ... GREAT !!! How disappointing when I noticed it simply didn't work. I wrote to PS Support - they answered with one line: "The Barca sync is not ready. It is still in beta." What kind of Beta is this that is so beta that it simply doesn't work at all, at least not with my Tungsten T5 ... So is there anyone out there who experienced a successful sync with another device than T5? Sorry if I eventually missed a post that answers this question; I hit on this forum only today. Greetings from Germany!
fanofhank
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 am

Hi fanofhank & Wilkommen zum Poco Forums, :D
fanofhank wrote:" What kind of Beta is this that is so beta that it simply doesn't work at all, at least not with my Tungsten T5 ... So is there anyone out there who experienced a successful sync with another device than T5?
Please do understand that the T5 is a new device which uses another database format,
so that's why it won't work.
The same would apply to me for the same reason. :?
PalmOne isn't so eager to release SDK's to developers and that's why many Palm developers made their own.
For example: Agendus did make a workaround, because of the new address database which included 3 addresses (Business/Home/Other).

BTW I once made a succesful sync with my previous device T2 and at that time it was an Alfa. :)

Can't tell the same about the beta, because I only installed it once and it didn't work. :(
Eric

Yes, still waiting but not for long...

Postby sBmoNSrb9VXQ » Fri May 05, 2006 6:29 am

Not getting any response usually means nothing is going to be done, forget about it.

If the company says nothing will be done, then a lot of folks like me will NOT wait around....

Yet, no response is a bad way to handle it. Microsoft manners. Lack of communication in a communication company....
Steve
sBmoNSrb9VXQ
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca and Yahoo sync?

Postby Knobblywobbly » Sat May 20, 2006 7:09 am

RBernier wrote: However, I now have a better solution which unfortunately does not utilize Barca.

What did you opt for in the end?

It's PocketPC synch I need!
Knobblywobbly
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Yes, still waiting but not for long...

Postby Orion » Mon May 22, 2006 11:49 pm

sBmoNSrb9VXQ wrote:Not getting any response usually means nothing is going to be done, forget about it.

If the company says nothing will be done, then a lot of folks like me will NOT wait around....

Yet, no response is a bad way to handle it. Microsoft manners. Lack of communication in a communication company....

I agree 100 and more. I fail to understand why, in spite of repeated requests in this thread, PSI can not reply and state their intentions as to the much wanted Palm or PDA synch.

I can understand that programmers have a lot of other things to do and support as well but I refuse to believe that after more than 6 months of repeated questions there should not be time for someone at PSI to inform us on what the plans are.

Pitiful!!! Lousy!! And damned irritating on top of that :evil:

Orion
Orion
Poco Tourist

Difficult moment

Postby Paul Brasington » Thu May 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Slaven did reply to a direct query from me about this, confirming the points made by Eric about the problems with Palm right now, and also confirming that they are working determinedly on a Windows Mobile sync capability - no dates given of course, and I share the frustration expressed largely on this thread, because it means I can't get rid of Outlook.
Yesterday I downloaded the beta Office 2007, including the new version of Outlook. The email client has some nice touches (the graduated fill in message trails), but still seems ugly and clunky compared to Barca/Pocomail. I also hate the way Outlook still buries all your mail data in a single PST file, rather than the standard approach of PocoMail/Eudora/Thunderbird, which makes it far easier to archive and transfer your data ... but I have to say that at the moment Outlook's calendar and contact functions are better than Barca, and I hope this is something the powers that be will look at ... and of course these are the critical things I want to sync on my PDA ...
PaulB
Paul Brasington
Poco Tourist

Postby RabbenuTom » Mon May 29, 2006 6:42 pm

It is too bad for us Palm/Treo owners who were hoping for a sync ability with Barca... (but great for those who want to sync Pocket Windows). Looks like I need to take a deeper look at Agendus or Time & Chaos.
RabbenuTom
Poco Tourist

Postby ronn » Tue May 30, 2006 2:55 am

Yup, it looks like Barca syncing for Palm is just not going to happen any time soon, or possibly/probably ever. So I've just bought the upgrades to Agendus Windows Desktop and Agendus for Palm. Might be my second choice, but they work and they have some nice features ... and they sync!
ronn
New Arrival

Previous

Return to Barca Help and How-To