[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Palm Sync... who else is waiting?

Palm Sync... who else is waiting?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:57 pm

RBernier wrote:I have mentioned this problem on the Beta forum also, but received absolutely no response even from Slaven.
:!: Ron, it's not because you didn't receive a response that it's ignored. Slaven can't respond to every topic created there.
Responding to every topic takes time away from development as I'm sure you must understand.
Eric

Postby RBernier » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:58 am

Eric wrote:
RBernier wrote:I have mentioned this problem on the Beta forum also, but received absolutely no response even from Slaven.
:!: Ron, it's not because you didn't receive a response that it's ignored. Slaven can't respond to every topic created there.
Responding to every topic takes time away from development as I'm sure you must understand.

Hi Eric,

I assure you I do understand. And, overall I still think that Barca is a very good program. I just would feel a little better if I had some assurance from PSI that they consider the disappearing folders and program crashing as serious as I do. Unfortunately, these problems existed in the release version of Barcs2 and still exist in the latest beta version.

Please understand, I am not trying to be negative or to knock the product. I just feel overall that PSI has done a lot of work on the IMAP functioning of Barca, but, they need to put a lot more effort into improving IMAP functioning before the program can be viewed as a serious IMAP client.

Regards,
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Mee too

Postby davemag » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Put me on the list of people who won't buy unless it syncs with Palm. I am not allowed to use Outlook due to its security problems, and Barca looks like the only other reasonable solution out there. Unless there's another, secure, synch-able program out there that combines email, calendar, task list and contacts together into a coherent whole AND syncs with Palm, I'm without hope.

So, if anyone knows of a Barca replacement that's secure and is not Outlook, please let me know

Dave

~ Removed email address to prevent harvesting.
PM Dave instead ~
David E Magnenat
davemag
New Arrival

Ex-outlook, looking to change

Postby Dr Opinion » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Outlook is ridiculously unstable: I'm forced to be my own personal system administrator, doing stupid and redundant tasks to manage, archive and repair PST files, just to keep Outlook working.

I heard on the Palm user grapevide that Barco could eventually be an Outlook/desktop replacement, since it's getting Palm conduits.

Aparently they're in Beta, right?

Rock-stable conduits are critical for me to change over.

I am not alone.

There are many, many Palm users who loathe Outlook, and who need more functionality than Palm Desktop (especially email). Agendus Desktop is trying to fill that niche, but its a gorgeous, shoddy program with lousy build-quality and the most horrific customer service ever. Agendus' terrible code quality and customer service reputation is totally catching up with it.

Could Barco be the rock outlook-replacement we've all been waiting for?

How long is it likely to be before the conduits get out of beta?

Is there a way to help that process?
-------------------
If things don't change, they'll probably remain the same.
Dr Opinion
New Arrival

here here

Postby Kjell » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:16 pm

I totally agree. I use my Palm Pilot at all times I'm not behind my computer.

Allthough I haven't had to many problems with outlook I hate it's cluttered GUI and can't wait to switch. But I'll wait untill there is Palm support for another email program.

I came across this forum looking for that kind of software and I guarentee you that if enough people knew of a Palm Syncable alternative to Outlook your Barca sales would go through the roof!

Any way I can sign up for a "email me once you have full palm sync ability in Barca" list? :)

UPDATE

Just started playing around with Barca and found out a few more things which I would need.

1 - The ability to add more and edit existing categories
2 - The ability to drag and drop attachments into tasks, reminders, notes etc.
Kjell
New Arrival

Re: here here

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:03 am

Hi Dr Opinion, Kjell & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Dr Opinion wrote:How long is it likely to be before the conduits get out of beta?
I suppose once the current beta's are released, the Barca sync beta will resume. Mind you, this is only a guess on my part.
Is there a way to help that process?
:!: In the past PSI already requested information if someone would know a developer
willing to participate in creating this sync conduit. It's been asked for Palm and PPC IIRC.
Kjell wrote:Any way I can sign up for a "email me once you have full palm sync ability in Barca" list? :)
You could always sign up to PocoReport to stay up-to-date with the development. :)
Just started playing around with Barca and found out a few more things which I would need.

1 - The ability to add more and edit existing categories
That's been asked already several times, so I think PSI got the message now. :lol:
2 - The ability to drag and drop attachments into tasks, reminders, notes etc.
Hey, that's new. 8)
Eric

Postby debiso » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:34 am

I have purchased 1 Barca license and love it. I really can't stop using Outlook until I can sync with my Palm. I am ready to buy 20 to 30 licenses and eliminate Outlook in my company, but MUST have sync capabilities first.
debiso
New Arrival

Postby ronn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 am

Just wanted to add my post to this thread to keep it active in the message list. Like many others, I am using Pocomail + Agendus and would much prefer to use Barca. But that has to wait until Barca allows me to sync to my Palm. Without the sync, there seems little purpose in switching. But I want to, I really, really do.

... Ron
ronn
New Arrival

Palm Sync also

Postby knamorris » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:58 am

I have held off using Barca because of it's inability to sync with Palm. Presently I am using Time and Chaos software which has email integration with Express Plus email client and syncs with Palm. I tried Barca and liked it but it is not good enough to throw away my Palm.
Kerry Morris
Barca Evaluator
knamorris
New Arrival

Postby RabbenuTom » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:31 am

Since it could be awhile (actually it has been) before we see the palm sync in place... could you tell me the pluses and minuses you have found with T & S with Expressmail?
RabbenuTom
Poco Tourist

Re: Time And Chaos and Express Plus Email

Postby knamorris » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:01 am

First of all, Chaos has a forum at http://www.forum-chaos.org I have used it for about two years. Express Plus is a nice client but lacks the feactures of many more mature clients. It meets my present needs and it has some nice features like mail merge. It uses the same address book as Time and Chaos so you have only one address book. Time and chaos has contacts, calendar, appointments, to do's and memos on the same page. As they are all seperate windows you can configure it the way you want.
It syncs with both palm and pocket pc. I actually like it a lot. I wish they would merge Express plus with Time and Chaos which is one of the perks of Barca. Chaos software is small and definitely not bloated.

Time and chaos version 5 software is freeware and has the same palm capabilities. Courier 3.5 from Rose City software also can be integrated with Time and chaos and is also freeware. Hope this helps. Be sure to check their web site and the forum.
Kerry Morris
Barca Evaluator
knamorris
New Arrival

and what about Pocket PCs?

Postby Paul Brasington » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:47 am

I've got a Palm Tungsten T3, and would dearly love to sync it with Barca, but if it should die I'm not sure I'd persist with the Palm OS, given the doubts about its future. I saw somewhere on this forum that those doubts were one reason for the delayed development of the Hotsync conduits, but that begs the question of whether there's any work going on to have a sync solution for Windows Mobile or whatever it's called these days ...
I don't use Outlook any more because it's so horrible and slow compared to Barca ... but unfortunately I have to copy tasks, appointments and contacts manually across into Outlook so that I can have that data on my PDA. It would be good to know that this wasn't an indefinite prospect.
PaulB
Paul Brasington
Poco Tourist

Re: Time And Chaos and Express Plus Email

Postby RBernier » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:11 am

knamorris wrote:First of all, Chaos has a forum at http://www.forum-chaos.org I have used it for about two years. Express Plus is a nice client but lacks the feactures of many more mature clients. It meets my present needs and it has some nice features like mail merge. It uses the same address book as Time and Chaos so you have only one address book. Time and chaos has contacts, calendar, appointments, to do's and memos on the same page. As they are all seperate windows you can configure it the way you want.
It syncs with both palm and pocket pc. I actually like it a lot. I wish they would merge Express plus with Time and Chaos which is one of the perks of Barca. Chaos software is small and definitely not bloated.

knamorris,
Thanks for this info. The syncing with Pocket PC is what I had been waiting for from Barca. Admittedly, the cost of T&C, Express Plus and the Sync module (each priced separately) is considerably more than the cost of Barca, but it is a working solution.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Barca and Yahoo sync?

Postby sBmoNSrb9VXQ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:42 am

RBernier wrote:... I now sync my Pocket PC with Yahoo Calendar and Address Book.
So, Barca will sync with Yahoo?
Steve
sBmoNSrb9VXQ
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca and Yahoo sync?

Postby RBernier » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:39 am

sBmoNSrb9VXQ wrote:
RBernier wrote:... I now sync my Pocket PC with Yahoo Calendar and Address Book.
So, Barca will sync with Yahoo?

Barca does not sync with anything. I was using Intellisync for Yahoo with my Pocket PC. However, I now have a better solution which unfortunately does not utilize Barca.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Barca Help and How-To