|If you frequently need to run a script against mail you are viewing you can assign the script
to a button and then press the button to invoke the script. Follow the instructions below to
assign a script to a button.
You should now see an additional button in your toolbar. Press this button to launch the script
against the message you are viewing. Once associated with a button you can also run the script by selecting the appropriate item from the "Script Quick Run" submenu of the "Tools" menu or by pressing
Ctrl-# where "#" is the button number. Eg: To run the script associated with button 4 press "Ctrl 4".
- Open the "Scripts" window either by pressing F9 or by selecting "Scripts..." from the "Tools" menu.
- Select the "Buttons" tab.
- Choose the script name in the field beside the first unallocated button OR use one of the
- Enter a description for it in the "Description" field.
- Press the "Close" button.
Note: When using a command tag do not include the "pococommand:" prefix used when the tag is used in
the control strip. The following screen shots shows the configuration used to configure toolbar
button 1 to check mail at my work account: